Copper theft is a rampant and lucrative practice. Commercial properties are victim to this more often than residential sites because commercial properties are cooled and heated by package units that have more copper inside them than a condenser would outside of a residential property. As a deterrent, Quigley Heating and Air offers specially made “unit cages” to surround a package unit. These cages supply protection and heavily deter criminals from attempting to steal the copper from these units, therefore, saving our customers money and the inconvenience of having a unit damaged due to copper theft. Below are pictures of a “unit cage” we installed recently that show the protection offered by these cages. Quigley Heating & Air cares about protecting your units just as much as you do. Think about protecting your units and don’t fall victim to copper theft…let us help!
Legacy Humane Society:
To rescue adoptable dogs and puppies from animal shelters and animal control facilities.
To rescue dogs and puppies from abusive and neglectful situations, including puppy mills and “backyard breeders”.
To help educate the public on proper animal care and promote spaying and neutering of all pets.
To provide medical treatment for all animals in our care.
To provide foster homes for all animals in our care.
To place rescued animals in permanent, loving homes.
Our mission is to provide assistance to dogs who have been abused, neglected and abandoned. We are brought together by the common belief that it is our community’s responsibility to help give adequate care and attention to animals in need of permanent homes and veterinary assistance.
Toys for Tots:
The mission of the U. S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots Program is to collect new, unwrapped toys during October, November and December each year, and distribute those toys as Christmas gifts to less fortunate children in the community in which the campaign is conducted.
The primary goal of Toys for Tots is to deliver, through a new toy at Christmas, a message of hope to less fortunate youngsters that will assist them in becoming responsible, productive, patriotic citizens.
To learn more visit: http://www.toysfortots.org/
Quigley Heating and Air Conditioning has donated money in Troy S. Quigley’s name to help the organization that helped him and now helps people who cannot afford the specialized therapy required for people who suffer from Parkinson’s disease.
The Dallas Area Parkinsonism Society (DAPS) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization founded in 1978 by Clarice Dougherty to help her husband and others confront the daily challenges presented by Parkinson’s disease (PD). Thousands of lives have been changed for the better because of Clarice’s mission and the dedication of the many volunteers who have followed her.
DAPS serves as a resource for the Parkinson’s community by providing education, speech and exercise classes, and support groups. DAPS services and programs are provided free of charge for participants. The services page offers a more detailed description of our programs and services. Our groups page provides access to maps and a listing of class times and locations.
To learn more about DAPS and to support the cause visit: http://www.daps.us/
Ten Things You Should Know About Mold
- Potential health effects and symptoms associated with mold exposures include allergic reactions, asthma, and other respiratory complaints.
- There is no practical way to eliminate all mold and mold spores in the indoor environment; the way to control indoor mold growth is to control moisture.
- If mold is a problem in your home or school, you must clean up the mold and eliminate sources of moisture.
- Fix the source of the water problem or leak to prevent mold growth.
- Reduce indoor humidity (to 30-60%) to decrease mold growth by: venting bathrooms, dryers, and other moisture-generating sources to the outside; using air conditioners and de-humidifiers; increasing ventilation; and using exhaust fans whenever cooking, dishwashing, and cleaning.
- Clean and dry any damp or wet building materials and furnishings within 24-48 hours to prevent mold growth.
- Clean mold off hard surfaces with water and detergent, and dry completely. Absorbent materials such as ceiling tiles, that are moldy, may need to be replaced.
- Prevent condensation: Reduce the potential for condensation on cold surfaces (i.e., windows, piping, exterior walls, roof, or floors) by adding insulation.
- In areas where there is a perpetual moisture problem, do not install carpeting (i.e., by drinking fountains, by classroom sinks, or on concrete floors with leaks or frequent condensation).
- Molds can be found almost anywhere; they can grow on virtually any substance, providing moisture is present. There are molds that can grow on wood, paper, carpet, and foods.
When James Ragan was 13, he received the most devastating news: he had a rare childhood cancer. What he did after he heard that news is the basis for the film Until 20, a moving account of James’ life after his diagnosis that asks the question “how would you live if you knew your life would end at 20?”
To learn more about the film and how you can help support James Ragan and his family visit: http://until20.com/
Check it out!
Another busy week. Our schedules will only get busier as the weather warms. Take advantage of our $39 tune up before the hot weather hits.