We are a certified Trane Dealer and offer all other major brands such as Lennox, Carrier, Goodman, etc.
It is recommended to have your air conditioning system checked each spring and your heating system checked each fall. Pro tip: try using the beginning and end of daylight savings to help you remember!
SEER stands for Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio and used to indicate how efficiently an air conditioner or heat pump will operate. A higher SEER rating means greater efficiency.
AFUE stands for Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency. This measures the amount of heat a furnace produces to the amount of fuel consumed. Take a look at this example: a furnace in your home with an AFUE rating of 94 means 94 percent of fuel used will be converted to heat for your home while the remaining 6 percent will be lost.
BTU stands for British Thermal Unit. It is the amount of energy needed to increase the temperature of a pound of water by one-degree Fahrenheit. I.e. the heat produced by one match is equivalent to one BTU.
Yes! Your HVAC acts as a collection source for a variety of contaminants that have the potential to adversely affect you & your families health. Contaminants such as mold, fungi, bacteria, and very small particles of dust can collect in your HVAC. The removal of contaminants is an important step to improve your indoor air quality.
The lifespan of a furnace depends of numerous factors such as: make & model alongside how well it is maintained. Typically, 15-20 years.
Make sure the thermostat is set to heat and the fan is off. If the thermostat is set correctly and still experiencing cold air, call an HVAC professional.
You can use your old furnace as a starting point, but for the most accurate sizing and comfortability level you should have a professional perform a load calculation. During this process things like home’s insulation, number of windows, floors, and etc are all taken into account.
Heat pumps operate by transferring heat energy from one source to another. In the winter, it extracts heat energy from the outside and transfers it into the air in your home. Then in the summertime it’s as easy as flipping a switch to cool mode.
Because they don’t burn fuel to provide heat!
Air Conditioner Questions
It is best to set your thermostat at the highest temperature you and everyone in your family will still feel comfortable in. For most it’s between 75-80 degrees. For others it’s much lower. Try this: set your thermostat higher when summer first comes, then turn the temperature down until a suitable temperature is found.
There are many ways to increase your air conditioners efficiency outside of replacing it for a more energy efficient system. Try these: leave air vents unblocked, install a programmable thermostat, and regularly maintain your system.
Some signs of an inefficient air conditioner can be noises, weird smells from the unit, or lack of cool air circulating, and a dramatically high utility bill despite normal usage.
This depends on a few factors but typically a room air should blow out a temperature between 15-20 degrees cooler than when it went it.
If you’ve spent more than half of the total cost of a new unit in repairs it’s time to replace your existing system. If your air conditioner also cools poorly, requires frequent repairs, and increases your energy bill it probably best it’s replaced. Our friendly and knowledgeable customer friendly staff can guide you into the right direction!