HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning) systems play a crucial role in ensuring a comfortable living environment. These systems regulate the temperature, air quality, and humidity levels in homes, making it easier for homeowners to maintain a comfortable environment year-round. However, like any other mechanical system, HVAC systems are susceptible to wear and tear and can develop problems that require professional repair. Here we will discuss 5 common residential HVAC repairs that homeowners face with their systems in Carrollton, TX and why professional repair is necessary.
- Lack of Maintenance: One of the most common problems with HVAC systems is the lack of maintenance. Over time, dust, dirt, and debris can accumulate in the system, reducing its efficiency and leading to problems such as clogged filters, dirty coils, and dirty ductwork. Regular maintenance by a professional HVAC technician can help prevent these problems before they become expensive repairs and ensure that your system is running efficiently, saving you money.
- Faulty Thermostat: The thermostat is the control center of your HVAC system, and a faulty thermostat can cause a variety of problems. For example, if the thermostat is not calibrated correctly, it can result in improper heating or cooling, leading to discomfort in your home and an increase in your energy bill. In some cases, a faulty thermostat can even cause the HVAC system to shut down completely. If you suspect that your thermostat is faulty, it’s best to have it inspected by a professional.
- Refrigerant Leaks: Refrigerant is the substance that circulates through your HVAC system, removing heat from the air in your home during the cooling process. If there is a refrigerant leak, it can cause the system to become less efficient and lead to higher energy bills. Refrigerant leaks can also pose a risk to the environment, so it’s important to have them repaired by a professional as soon as possible.
- Broken or Worn-Out Parts: Over time, parts of your HVAC system can become worn out or break, leading to problems such as reduced efficiency and increased energy bills. Some of the most common parts that can fail include the compressor, fan motor, and blower motor. If you notice that your system is making strange noises or not working as efficiently as it used to, it’s best to have it inspected by a professional
- Ductwork Problems: Ductwork is the system of pipes and ducts that circulate air throughout your home. If there are problems with your ductwork, such as leaks or blockages, it can reduce the efficiency of your HVAC system and lead to higher energy bills. In some cases, ductwork problems can even pose a health risk, as they can circulate pollutants and allergens throughout your home. If you suspect that there are problems with your ductwork, it’s best to have it inspected by a professional.
Quigley Heating and Air Conditioning are the experts for all your HVAC needs. We specialize in residential and commercial repair and new construction. If you are experiencing and of the problems with your HVAC system, it’s important to have it inspected by a professional as soon as possible. What could be a simple adjustment or cleaning could turn into a costly repair if left unchecked. To ensure that your system stays in peak performance, Quigley offers their Maintenance Service program featuring discounts, system inspections and priority scheduling. Call Quigley today to for your appointment and to sign up for our Maintenance Service program.