As temperatures start to drop, we get to say goodbye to summer and hello to fall and the coming winter! It also signals the time when we here at Quigley remind you to prep your HVAC system for the changing seasons. Here are a few simple tasks you can do to help your heater operate at optimal performance and keep you comfortable.
- Clear vegetation and any debris away from your outside heat pump unit. This will ensure adequate airflow and help to prevent damage to the unit.
- Use a hose to rinse off any built-up dirt from your heat pump but be careful to not bend or damage any of the fins under the cover.
- Check your air filter and set a reminder to replace them every 30-90 days
- Use a vacuum to clean registers and ducts to keep them clean of dust and debris.
- Replace the batteries in your carbon monoxide detector.
- Make sure any combustible products are stored away from your heating system.
You can do all that you can to prevent an HVAC failure but there are some things that only a professional can take care of. Quigley techs clean and inspect your heater to make sure that all of the parts of your HVAC system are clean and in good working order. And, any built-in safety features are also examined to make sure they are working properly.
So, while you are checking the items off our list and you happen to find, hear, or smell something that seems off, give Quigley a call. Don’t wait until the winter rush sets in; give us a call today. Preventive routine maintenance can save you the expense of a major repair or whole system failure. But, as an authorized Lennox®️ dealer, we can install and maintain a new Lennox®️ HVAC system for you. Call to take advantage of Lennox’s®️ limited time rebates and special financing offers!